'ACHIEVING SUCCESS TOGETHER'
The central purpose of Carr's Glen Primary School is the development of each child, intellectually, emotionally, socially and spiritually.
The development of a well rounded individual who leaves Carr's Glen; having experienced personal success; is emotionally self aware; recognises their place in society and has gained spiritual insights, are goals that we feel are well worth striving for. At Carr's Glen Primary we emphasise that for this to take place an effective partnership is required between the school, the parent and the pupil to achieve the very best outcomes for everyone.
In order to achieve these outcomes we framework them in the following school aims:
- To provide a secure and happy atmosphere within the school so that children have the opportunity to learn effectively and achieve personal success.
- To help pupils acquire knowledge, relevant skills, practical abilities with a sense of confidence and independence in their learning
- To provide opportunities and facilities for children to develop special interests and talents through a range of school experiences and extra-curricular activities.
- To develop moral, ethical and spiritual values reflecting our wider community and a sense of global citizenship
- To give consideration to the differing levels of ability of children through regular assessment and tailoring teaching and provision to match these needs.
- To foster good home-school relationships to enable parents to play their part in the education of their children
It is our belief that 'Together' we can achieve these successfully.